Meet Trooper House!
Meet Trooper House! He is a Michigan State Police officer that visits classrooms to teach lessons about safety. Today we learned about 5 BIG safety rules:
1. Never go with strangers. Children should look for an officer or an adult with a name tag/uniform, badge, or another mom with kids if they need help. Those are the people that could be most helpful.
2. Always wear your seat belt. Children this age still need a BOOSTER SEAT, in the back seat of the car, ALL THE TIME!
3. Never put anything in your mouth that can be harmful (bugs, plants, chemicals, cigarettes, etc.)
4. Never touch, play with, or pick up a gun. Tell an adult right away!
5. Never let anyone touch you who scares you, hurts you, or makes you uncomfortable. Bathing suit areas are not to be touched by strangers or anyone else---unless it is a doctor or a parent making sure the child is healthy.
*Helpful hint: If you do not have a booster seat for your child and cannot afford one, the MSP has free ones that can be given to families in need. Until your child is 8 years old or 4'11 inches, s/he MUST be in a booster seat.
We are excited to see what Trooper House has in store for us next time. Stay tuned for more safety lesson updates!!